Parent Shaming

  
      So last night I was laying in bed after settling my two little ones down for the night and I started looking on different social media sites. Seems kinda boring right? but my house work was done and there wasn’t much else to do so there I was looking through what was popular, what topics people are discussing soon I came across all these posts,pins etc... about Breastfeeding or Bottle feeding a topic I do enjoy because I did both. 
       So I start opening pages looking to see if there is some new information to learn see if moms were sharing there stories likes and dislikes, I was hoping to comment myself having been though some things new mothers have concerns about. Well there was discussions like that but more discussions on who is right and who is wrong. 
     I seen comments on some of the posts about breastfeeding and was shocked to see what women were say things like “Breastfeeding is unnatural”
 “It shouldn’t be done in public”
 “We women only breastfeed for men’s attention”
     As a mother who breastfed my youngest daughter for over a year,  yes I’d herd people complain at restaurants or mumble as they walked by me but I was absolutely  horrified to be reading this online. 
    Well then I started looking at the comments about bottle feeding and well it was bad too. I remember when I was in the hospital and breastfeeding was getting to be a thing but I bottle fed instead and the looks I got from nursing staff because I chose to bottle feed but the comments
     “You baby won’t be as smart”
     “ You won’t be as close to baby”
     Those were all I had to read to shit it off because it made me so mad I couldn’t believe it. I wanna know where the people getting posting these comments get there information, because you bond with you child by simply spending time with them, and a bottle or breast has nothing to do with how smart somebody is or will be, Breastfeeding is completely natural that why we have breasts that develop milk while we’re pregnant, it’s not fo a mans attention it’s to feed my child, and I’ll feed my baby when they are hungry if that in public well that’s where they’re gonna eat.

         What I want to say is why do we shame one another? Why Over how a baby is fed? I think the only important thing is that the baby is fed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holidays